Courtesy of Kim, Tobias Glen Vineyard’s Digital Marketing & Social Media Manager
Restaurants and bars in mainland Portugal and on the Azores Islands (birthplace of many of my relatives) often serve delightful sangria made with Rosé. I’ve used animé here to recreate it.
Note: While in Spain, I’ve noticed that many variations of sangria include cinnamon. I really enjoy the taste, so I’ve incorporated cinnamon sticks into my recipe.
Total Time : 1 hour, 15 min (including chilling)
Active Time: 15 min
- Tobias Glen’s animé Rosé of Pinot Noir – to create the best sangria imaginable
- 1 ripe peach, cut into small pieces
- 1 c ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 bottle of animé rosé of Pinot Noir
- ¼ c Torani Amer or another orange liqueur
- 1-2 T brandy
- Sparkling water (2 bottles)
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- Pitcher (clear glass, if possible, so you/your guests can enjoy the lovely fruit colors)